The South Korean film Parasite (2009), is a black comedy thriller, which follows the story of a poor family as they plot to penetrate a wealthy family’s household by posing as unrelated, highly qualified individuals. Parasite (2019) was directed by Bong Joon-Ho, who also co-wrote its story with Han Jin-Won.
On May 21, 2019, Parasite made its world premiere at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, where it became the first South Korean film to win the Palme d’Or. On May 30, 2019, CJ Entertainment launched it in South Korea. Parasite (2019), was well received by the public and the critics. Many critics regarded the film as the best of 2019 and one of the best of the twenty-first century, and it currently holds the position of 46th highest-rated film of all time on Metacritic. On a production budget of about $15 million, it grossed over $258 million worldwide. Parasite (2019) holds a 98% approval rate on the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, a 4.5/5 rating on Times of India, and an 8.6/10 rating on IMDb.
Plot of Parasite (2019)
The newly established symbiotic relationship between the affluent Park family and the poor Kim clan is threatened by greed and class discrimination. When the son begins working for the rich Park family, the impoverished Kim family sees an opportunity. Soon, they all find a way to work in the same house and begin living a parasitic lifestyle.
Watch Trailer; Parasite (2019)
Production Company: Barunson E&A
Producer: Kwak Sin-ae, Bong Joon-ho, Moon Yang-kwan, Jang Young-hwan
Director: Bong Joon-ho
Film Duration: 132 minutes
Release Date: 21 May 2019 (Cannes), 30 May 2019 (South Korea), 8 November 2019 (United States)
Parasite (Awards and Nominations)
- Parasite (2019), was nominated for six Academy Awards of which it won four awards, in the Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best International Feature Film, and Best Picture categories.
- It was nominated for four BAFTA awards of which it won two, in the Best Original Screenplay and the Best Film Not in the English Language.
- It was nominated for seven Critics’ Choice awards of which it won two, in the Best Director and Best Foreign Language Film categories.
- Parasite (2019) was nominated for three Golden Globe Awards of which it won one award in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
Parasite (2019), was also nominated for, won many other local and international awards, and it was a commercial and critical success.
Amazing Facts about Parasite (2019)
- Parasite (2019), is the first-ever Non-English film to have won an Academy Award in the Best Picture category. And its director Bong Joon-ho is the fourth Asian person to have won an Academy Award in the Best Director category.
- The Parks’ home, which was said to be designed by a fictional architect called Namgoong Hyeonja in the film, was a set constructed from the ground up.
- Bong Joon Ho drew a lot of sketches for the rich house’s basic structures. He went on to say that when the production designer approached an actual architect to design this building, the architect saw the drawings and said, “No sane person can construct a home in this manner. This is ridiculous.”
- At the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, Parasite became the first Korean film to win the Palme d’Or.
- Throughout the film, there are many references to Alfred Hitchcock. Characters view scenes through windows 14 times, voyeurism is used, and (most obviously) there is a brief glimpse of an out-of-place Alfred Hitchcock collection in the Parks’ home.
- The concept for Parasite has been around since 2015, and the final script took three and a half months to write.
- Parasite (2019) was shot in 77 days.
- Bong Joon Ho initially imagined the film as a play, but the first line inspired him to consider camera positions. He just realized, as he always does, that he had to do this as a film.
- After The Lost Weekend (1945) and Marty (1945), this is the third film to win both the Palme d’Or and the Academy Award for Best Picture at the Cannes Film Festival. Only this and the latter of the three films received unanimous awards at Cannes.
- A bus passes behind Ki-Woo as he inquires about the tutoring job near the beginning of the film. The director timed this bus to move as he asked the question.
Stroy of Parasite (2019)
The Kim family—father Ki-taek, mother Chung-sook, daughter Ki-jung, and son Ki-woo—live in a tiny semi-basement apartment (banjiha), work part-time as pizza box folders, and struggle to make ends meet. Min-hyuk, a university student and Ki-neighbor, woo’s presents the family with a scholar’s rock, which is said to bring fortune. He proposes that Ki-woo poses as a university student to take over his job as an English tutor for the wealthy Park family’s daughter, Da-hye, before he leaves to study abroad. Ki-woo is recruited by the Parks after posing as a Yonsei University student.
The Kim family recommends each other as unrelated and highly trained employees to replace the Parks’ servants. Ki-jung impersonates “Jessica” and acts as an art therapist for the Parks’ young boy, Da-song, using Ki-Woo as a model. Mr. Park’s chauffeur is accused of having sex in the car by Ki-jung, who then advises Ki-taek to take his place. Finally, Chung-sook takes over as the Parks’ housekeeper after the Kims use Mrs. Park’s long-time housekeeper, Moon-peach gwang’s allergy, to persuade her that she has tuberculosis. Ki-woo and Da-hye begin a secret romantic relationship.
When the Parks depart for a camping trip, the Kims enjoy the comforts of their home before Moon-gwang knocks on the door and tells Chung-sook that she has forgotten something in the basement. Moon-husband, gwang’s Geun-sae, has been hiding from loan sharks for over four years, and she enters a hidden entrance to an underground bunker built by the architect and previous homeowner. Chung-sook is stubborn. Moon-gwang begs Geun-sae to stay in the bunker, but the eavesdropping Kims expose themselves inadvertently. Moon-gwang captures them on video and threatens to reveal their deception to the Parks.
The Parks return home early due to a heavy rainstorm, and the Kims rush to clean up the house and subdue Moon-gwang and Geun-sae before they arrive. Geun-sae and Moon-gwang are cornered in the bunker by the Kims. Mrs Park tells Chung-sook that Da-song had a terrifying seizure-inducing experience on his previous birthday, when he saw a “ghost”—actually Geun-sae—emerging from the basement late at night. Mr. Park makes off-handed remarks about Ki-taek smelling bad and he and Mrs. Park having sex on the couch before the Kims manage to get out of the door. The Kims’ apartment is flooded by sewer water, causing them to seek refuge in a gymnasium with other displaced people.
Mrs. Park, with the aid of the Kim family, throws a house party for Da-birthday song’s the next day. To face Geun-sae, Ki-woo enters the bunker with the scholar’s rock. He is assaulted by Geun-sae, who bludgeons his head with the rock and flees, leaving Ki-woo lying in a pool of blood in the basement, having died from a concussion she suffered during the earlier battle. Geun-sae stabs Ki-jung with a kitchen knife in front of the shocked party guests in order to avenge Moon-gwang. When Da-song sees Geun-sae, he has another seizure, and a struggle ensues before Chung-sook fatally impales Geun-sae with a barbecue skewer. Mr. Park directs Ki-taek to rush Da-song to the hospital while Ki-taek attends to a heavily bleeding Ki-jung. Seeing Mr. Park’s disgusted reaction to Geun-odor, sae’s Ki-taek takes the knife and kills him in the midst of the confusion. After that, Ki-taek flees the scene, leaving the rest of the Kim family behind.
Ki-woo is also recovering from brain surgery weeks later. He and Chung-sook were both found guilty of fraud and sentenced to probation. Ki-jung has died, and Ki-taek, who was wanted by the police for the murder of Mr Park, has not been located.
Geun-sae is thought to be homeless, and neither he nor Ki-motive taek’s for the stabbings has been revealed. Ki-woo observes the Parks’ house. Now sold to a German family who has no idea about its past and notices a Morse code message from a flickering light. Ki-taek, who gained access to the bunker via the barn, buried Moon-gwang in the backyard and now raids the kitchen at night and flickers the light every day in the hopes of catching Ki-woo off guard. Ki-woo writes a letter to Ki-taek, still living with his mother in their original basement apartment, promising to work hard enough to one day buy the house and reunite with his father.
Cast of Parasite (2019)
Song Kang-ho as Kim ki-taek, The Kim family’s father. He is hired as Mr Park’s chauffeur while pretending to be a family member of “Jessica.”
Cho Yeo-jeong as Choi Yeon-gyo, Mother of the Park Family.
Lee Sun-kyun as Park Dong-ik, A wealthy businessman and the father of the Park family.
Choi Woo-shik as Kim Ki-woo, The Kim family’s son. He is hired as Da-hye’s English tutor after being suggested by Min-hyuk and posing as a Yonsei University student.
Park So-dam as Kim Ki-jung, The Kim family’s daughter. She impersonates “Jessica,” an Illinois State University art student whom Ki-woo knows through a mutual acquaintance, and is hired as Da-art song’s therapist.
Jang Hye-jin as Chung-sook, Mother of the Kim family.
Lee Jung-eun as Gook Moon-gwang, The Park family’s housekeeper.
8 thoughts on “Parasite (2019); Watch Live (Plot, Awards, Amazing Facts)”
Convert your favorite youtube video for free to music mp3 Youtube to mp3 Easy to use, convert any youtube, dailymotion, vimeo, twitch, vevo and metacafe video to mp3 (music converter) audio file. Download the result automatically.
CUTE BABY ANIMALS – FUNNY VIDEOS – MINI PIG – MUSIC – MICRO PIG 2021 HD
Online random highly secure password generator Password Generator Generate complex 🔐 passwords of different lengths containing traditional, special characters, numbers and emoticons 🤟 for free.
My husband and i ended up being very peaceful Chris could conclude his basic research out of the ideas he obtained from your very own web site. It is now and again perplexing to simply continually be handing out ideas which usually the others could have been trying to sell. And now we fully understand we need you to be grateful to for this. Most of the explanations you made, the simple web site menu, the friendships you will help promote – it’s got many astonishing, and it’s helping our son in addition to the family reason why that matter is cool, and that is extraordinarily serious. Many thanks for all the pieces!
Enjoyed every bit of your blog.Much thanks again. Really Cool.
wow, awesome article post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.
Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to make a superb articleÖ but what can I sayÖ I procrastinate a whole lot and don’t manage to get anything done.
You are so interesting! I don’t think I’ve read something like this before. So wonderful to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality.